On May 21 at the Cavalry House Lodge in Mendon Ponds Park, the WNY hawking crew will be hosting a couple of guest speakers with a barbeque! Hawking and meat, what more could you ask for?
We're also going to have a couple of presentations and discussions, including an opportunity for Q&A. Our featured guest will be Doctor Sara Childs-Sanford of Cornell who will give us some information on best practices to protect the raptors we handle from West Nile Virus.
May 21 WNY Hawking Picnic
- When: noon - 5 pm
- Where: Cavalry House Lodge, Mendon Ponds Park, County Rd 74, Honeoye Falls, NY 14472. Lodge has indoor seating for 40 "in theory" in case of WNY's famous weather, so we can still see and hear presenters
- Who: All NYSFA associate or regular members and their guests
- Cost: Free to club members
1 pm Featured Speaker: Sara Childs-Sanford DVM, Chief of Service, Janet L. Swanson Wildlife Hospital. Topic: WNV Vaccination Workshop & presentation.
- Food: please bring a dish to pass, and your favorite beverage. Meat will be provided but we need to plan for appropriate numbers.
3pm Presentation on HPAI Biological controls for falconers by Leah Valerio
- What is HPAI and how can you help keep your raptors protected from it?
Club Raffle 4:00 pm - Tickets will be $5 each, and will go to cover costs of club publications and supplies for the field meet.
- Basket #1 and #2: Large Bath Pan, Section of long leaf turf, Brass Acme Whistle, Four Falconry Fundamentals book, Flat Braid Leash
- Basket #3: 2 large Laminated Birds of Prey (of North America) posters
- Basket #4: Paracord Tethering Set (Large), Raptors book, Hawks from Every Angle book
- Other items as donated
Please RSVP to Matthew Vercant, NYSFA Vice President at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know if you'd like to donate an item to the raffle.